One of the oldest and largest architecture and construction consultancies in the country.
Employing over 500 specialists; owned by local authorities.
The customer has won a major governmental tender for sports facilities reconstruction and design.
All works were to be done using BIM technologies, but the company had only 2D-specialists working in AutoCAD. The customer needed a reliable partner to complete the following scope of work:
- Implement BIM technology: corporate BIM training, making a pilot project, on going support;
- Help with the reconstruction project of existing stadium that needs to preserve its historic facade and get a new stand roof and get new utility networks.
BIM Machine split the project into 2 parts and executed the following roadmap:
Part 1. BIM technology implementation:
-Company infrastructure research;
-Corporate training, The Customer’s employees involved in the project were split into several teams:
1 architects team training (6 people);
3 structural designers teams training (3×5 people);
3 MEP designers teams training (3×8 people, HVAC, plumbing, electrical);
1 technologists team training (6 people);
-BIM execution plan (BEP) development;
-Revit families library creation.
Part 2. Designing process:
-Integration with in-house designers to made the Stadium project;
-Creating the model df existing stadium;
-Using “Phasing” tool to start reconstruction project;
-Using Tekla Structures to design steel structures of the stand roof;
-Combining Revit model with Tekla model using Navisworks.
In the face of BIM Machine the Customer got a on-the-field-coach who helped to complete the project and educate the internal team:
- 350 hours of corporate education and about 50 people trained;
- 1000 hours of support;
- 2000 hours of designing was done by the consultants crew (10% of all design time).
-BIM model with full pack of construction drawings and historic view information;
-Construction is in progress now, historic facade has been reserved;
-New roof is under construction.
TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
- Autodesk Revit 2014 (updated to 2016 version during design process);
- Tekla Structures 19;
- Robot SA Pro 2014 (updated to 2016 version during design process);
- 3Ds Max 2014 (updated to 2016 version during design process);
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2014 (updated to 2016 version during design process).
Want to know more about this project?